Standards Australia is the nation’s peak non-government Standards Organisation and they are charged by the Commonwealth Government to meet Australia’s need for contemporary, internationally aligned Standards and Related Services.
The work of Standards Australia enhances the nation’s economic efficiency, international competitiveness and contributes to community demand for a safe and sustainable environment. It leads and promotes a respected and unbiased Standards development process ensuring all competing interests are heard, their points of view considered and consensus reached.
There are a range of Australian Standards relevant to insulation, some of which include:
- AS/NZS 4859.1:2002 – Materials for the thermal insulation of buildings.
- AS 3999-2015 – Thermal insulation of dwellings – Bulk insulation – Installation requirements.
- AS/NZS 4200.1:1994 – Pliable building membranes and underlays – Materials.
- AS/NZS 4200.2:1994 – Pliable building membranes and underlays – Installation requirements.
- AS/NZS 1276.1:1999 – Acoustics- Rating of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements.
- AS/NZS 2499:2000 – Acoustics – Measurements of sound insulation in buildings and of building elements – Laboratory measurement of room-to-room airborne sound insulation of a suspended ceiling with plenum above it.
- AS 4426-1997 – Thermal insulation of pipework, ductwork and equipment – Selection, installation and finish.
- AS 4508-1999 – Thermal resistance of insulation for ductwork used in building air-conditioning.